Penthouse Apartment Les Iris
Self-catering penthouse apartment Les Iris, is very large and fully equipped for up to 10 people. With 3 bedrooms and a cubby hole, it has a combination of various sleeping arrangements. The apartment is based in Drouzin le Mont on the edge of the Portes du Soleil near the French/Swiss border, Haute Savoie, France.
Enjoy our brilliant view:
Space, Space, Space …Floor plan of Les Iris
The main living area is a large ‘L’ shaped room (floor area 40 m2) with a vaulted ceiling over the kitchen and dining area.
- Kitchen area – fully equipped with fridge, freezer, microwave, electric hob with 4 rings, full sized electric oven/grill, dishwasher, washing machine, clothes airers, toaster, kettle, Nespresso and coffee machine, pots, pans, cutlery etc. Everything is provided for a convenient stay.
- Dining area – table, 6 chairs & bench, normally seats 8, but can be extended to seat 12 (child’s high chairs available).
- Living area – sofa bed, sofa, benches, TV with French channels and sky box for UK free view channels & DVD player (region 2), CD & Ipod player, coffee table and assorted stools and large pillows, access to large balcony. Wifi hotspot available.
With the new TV
The sleeping arrangements are very flexible:
- Bedroom 1 – family sized room (floor area 18.5 m2) with excellent views with a double bed (can be split into 2 single beds) & additional 2 single beds, wardrobe, cupboards and sink, access to balcony.
With extra TV screen and DVD player
- Bathroom – bath with shower, wash basin, w.c.
- Bedroom 2 – family sized room (floor area 13.5 m2) with a 2 meter long double bed (can be split into 2 single beds) & bunk bed (not in picture), fitted wardrobe and sink.
- Cubby Hole – cosey low roofed area with large Velux window, fitted with futon type beds (2 beds of 1.90m x 0.80m), ideal for youngsters or adventurous adults.
- Living area – double sofa bed.
Extra’s for the little ones:
3 baby travel cots, 3 high chairs, change mat, microwave steriliser and nappy bin are available on request, no extra charge (no linen provided).
Pillows, duvets & bed linen:
There are pillows and duvets provided. Guests are responsible for providing their own bed linen, kitchen linen and towels (sheets, duvet covers, pillow cases and towels). There are local arrangements for hiring linen and towels for €14 per person per week (please ask for more details).
A full clean of the apartment is included.Clients are asked to leave Penthouse apartment Les Iris sweep clean at the end of the rental period.
Garage, parking and storage:
There is ample on site parking and for those guests who need a large secure storage area there is the possibility of using a full sized garage. There is also a lockable ski cave for guest use.
Heating and lighting:
Les Iris is energy efficient having a very high level of insulation. In addition to the underfloor heating in the main living area, each room has an electric radiator with individual controls; this allows guests to control the temperature in their bedroom by simply turning down the radiator rather than having to open windows and doors. Energy efficient lighting is standard and the cost of the electricity is included in the weekly rental.
Food and restaurants:
Nearby in Le Biot and St. Jean d’Aulps there are bakeries, little supermarkets and more shops and eateries. For the large weekly shop, there is a large Carrefour as well as a petrol station with one of the best prices in the area on the D902 just outside St. Jean d’Aulps, between St. Jean d’Aulps and Morzine. For those using Sat Navs the coordinates are: N 46.23179, E 6.65633.
Internet access & wifi
There is wifi available in Penthouse Les Iris. 8-days usage vouchers can be bought through paypal and credit card at the apartment. You can connect up to 3 appliance per voucher. An unlimited amount of vouchers can be bought.
The prices for the 8-day vouchers are:
€2 for 50MB
€6 for 300MB
€12 for 650MB
Please note that the internet is through a satellite and speed can vary. Please switch off automatic back-up, app updates and synchronization before connecting with a device to the Wi-Fi.
Locally you can get access to the internet in:
Le National – Bar, Pizza’s & Paninis (eat in and take away)
Saint Jean D’Aulps
(about 10 minutes drive from Drouzin le Mont)
Le National has free wifi.
There is also free wifi, internet access available at Café le Franco-suisse in Abondance (also about 10 minutes drive away from Drouzin le Mont).
There is free wifi available in several shops in Thonon Les Bains.
Entertainment in Penthouse Les Iris
For the evenings or when you just fancy being at the apartment, there is a range of games available for all ages to play. There is also a good choice of DVD’s and a TV where you can hook up your own game consoles and some books available for you to read.
The TV has 20+ French and many English channels and there is an extra TV screen and DVD player in the family bedroom.
Pack loads of humor and have fun during your stay!
The building rules forbid the wearing of ski boots in the building and storage of skis in any of the apartments. Guests are therefore asked to leave skis and snowboards etc in the ski locker or garage and not to wear skis or walking boots in the building or apartment.
Please note: Les Iris is a Smoking Free Zone.