Drouzin le Mont summer activities
Where does one start?
You name it and it’s available close by!
There are regular local markets, fetes and community events throughout the year, check with the local tourist office on arrival or follow the other links on this website.
Locally, in the resort and within a few minutes walk of Les Iris:
- Walking and hiking, several marked routes, including my favourite, the Tour de Monzon where you get views over Lac de Leman and Mont Blanc.
- Rock climbing, 5 minutes walk from the apartment there are 20 bolted routes at L’Arblay, guide book available.
- Cycling – Drouzin le Mont is part of a cycling route through the area.
- Tennis – there is a tennis court a few minutes walk away from the apartment. We keep some tennis rackets at the apartment for your use.
- French boules / Pétanque / Jeu des boules – there is a pitch next to the tennis court.
- Picnic area. There is a picnic area with some tables next to the tennis court for your use.
Just a little further out:
- Swimming all year round, in lakes and pools, indoor or outdoor
- Mountain biking on any of the many routes. You can even go up the lifts.
- Via Ferrata, a cross between rock climbing and scrambling.
- Visit the Abbaye D’Aulps in Saint-Jean d’Aulps.
- Visit the beautiful Devil’s Bridge Gorges.
Other sports in the area include hang-gliding, fishing and horseback riding. Or how about the adrenaline rush of rafting, canoeing or hydro-speed?
Lake Geneva and Montriond and many other lakes are a short drive for summer tranquillity, water sports and swimming
For the local events diary, check out the website of the tourist office. The tourist office also provides a bi-weekly free leaflet which is available in the local restaurant with activities in Drouzin le Mont and surrounding villages.