The Morzine-Avoriaz Vallée d’Aulps bike guide has 14 routes for cycling enthusiasts with one of the routes passing over the Col du Corbier: A really fun, but challenging four Col loop through the French part of Les Portes de Soleil ski region. This route is especially worthwhile for its climb of 2 very steep passes. The race distance is just right for the sportiest riders to add other climbs (the Joux Verte, for instance) at the end of the course.
The statistiques for the Col du Corbier:
Altitude: 1237 m
Length: 6.0 km
Slope: 517 m
% Middle: 8.6%
% Maximum: 11.1%
The Bike Guide is available and free in the tourist offices of the Aulps Valley, Morzine and Avoriaz; this guide presents numerous circuits in the Aulps Valley and the surroundings with detailed descriptions, photos, maps and advices or can be downloaded here.
The circuits are sign-coded depending on their difficulty, mainly the climb.
● : little or no climb
■ : short climbs and/or some harder climbs.
▲ : long climbs with steep downhills (sometimes >10%).
★ : routes over 100km with many long and hard climbs.
• Please respect the highway code and in particular give way at lights.
• Take a repair kit and spares just in case (ie for a puncture or broken chain).
• The circuits are not signposted so it is advisable to have a look at a regional route map to help you find your bearings.
• Météo Chamonix weather: +33 (0)8 92 68 02 74 (automatic service)
• Maintenance work: normally takes place in spring or autumn. Please ask at tourist offices or the number below before setting off since certain mountain passes may be closed or hard to access while work is going on, particularly when going downhill.
Haute-Savoie Roads hotline: +33 (0)4 50 66 10 74.
• Specific circuit profiles – along with more than 700 French and European routes – are available to view online at www.cols-cyclisme.com.
• The circuits can be done from spring to autumn, the passes are closed in winter.